If an electronic recording system has been successfully certified, Infocert issues a certificate of conformity with the NF (Norm Française). This contains a certificate number with the following structure:
Standard / Number - Series
- Standard: indicates which standard the product complies with (for NF525 cash registers: "525").
- Number: the certificate number for the corresponding product (4 digits)
- Series: indicates the number of the recertification
Part of the certificate number shall be printed on the receipt, together with an addition. This certificate abbreviation is composed of a prefix and the number of the certificate.
The prefix is always the category of the electronic recording system:
- Category "A": Software or stand-alone cash register system (i.e., hardware storing the processed data without the possibility of connection to a centralised system and with no data import or export ability to other software outside the production of the statutory tax fiscal archive).
- Category "B": Software or cash register system capable of recording, securing, and archiving all cash register sales data in real time directly in the system.
When implemented with RetailForce, this is usually "Category B".
The validity of the certificate number printed on a document can be checked on the Infocert website (https://certificates.infocert.org/).
Under "Numéro présent sur le ticket" (Number present on ticket), the printed certificate abbreviation can be entered in the search field.