In this article you will learn how to extend the service startup time on Windows when the default startup time is not enough to start the service.
The RetailForce service does not start when the cash register is restarted. This symptom may occur on systems with weak processors.
The start time of services can be changed under Windows with a registry entry.
The default timeout is 30 seconds.
Follow these steps to change the value data for the ServicesPipeTimeout DWORD value in the Control key to 120000 (120 seconds):
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
- To change the value data for the ServicesPipeTimeout DWORD value in the Control key to 120000, follow these steps:
- Locate the following registry key and click it: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet.
- Click on the Control subkey.
- Right-click the ServicesPipeTimeout DWORD value, and then click Change.
- Click Decimal.
- Type 120000, and then click OK.