In this article you will find important information about Swissbit hardware TSE.
There are basically 2 different versions of Swissbit - TSE
- Release (suitable for productive use)
- Developer (suitable for testing and development)The Developer version can only be used for development and testing. The fiscal module must have set the test property (IsTest) to use this TSE.
When the status of the Tse is queried, the version of the TSE is also included in the status data: FirmwareType
- FirmwareType RLS: Release
- FirmwareType DEV: Development (not suitable for real use!)
Information on swissbit hardware TSE in connection with containers (Docker, LXD,...) can be found in the linked article.
Communication with the TSE
Communication with the TSE is carried out via a file interface on the USB stick.
Please make sure that:
- Access to the USB drive is possible (Group Policies)
- Access to the files on the TSE should not be hindered by a virus scanner
- Power saving settings should be disabled for this USB drive.
You can directly address many functions of the TSE in both the service and the .net integration environment, some examples include:
- Perform self-test
- Perform ConnectTest
- ListClients (show registered cash registers on the TSE)
- Query status
- Update the time
- Read the list of open transactions
Initialization of the TSE
The initialization of the Swissbit-TSE takes place completely automatically when calling InitializeClient. The initialization takes about 1min.
If a TSE is replaced (due to a defect.B the new Swissbit-TSE is also completely automatically initialized.
On the TSE there are several users who actually look similar to roles. Dedicated users cannot be created.
There are the following 3 users (user types) on the TSE:
- Unidentified user (unregistered user, no login required)
- Admin User
- TimeAdmin User
To secure the admin and TimeAdmin users, there is one pin for the admin and one for the timeadmin.
In addition, there is an admin PUK. This can be used to unlock a locked user (Admin/TimeAdmin).
Basically, the PIn's can be entered incorrectly up to 5x. After that, the respective user is locked.
A user can be unlocked again using AdminPuk.
The admin puk and the pins for the admin and the TimeAdmin user can be stored in the configuration.
Please inquire about the SecuritySeed before installing.
With a Swissbit TSE directly obtained from Swissbit, PartnerTech or RetailForce, you do not have to configure anything extra.
Reset the TSE (only possible with the Developer TSE)
A developer TSE can be reset to factory reset at any time.
This function is only possible for a developer TSE and generates an error if it is performed on a TSE intended for production (this is not reset).
This feature can be useful for the following topics:
- Repeat the initialization test
- AdminPuk was entered incorrectly more than 3 times
- TSE to be completely reset for another test