This article describes a typical returns process, for example the return of a previously sold item, in Hungary.
- If a customer wants to return an item in the shop, the fiscal receipt number of the sales transaction is required in any case.
- Either the customer brings the original receipt with them, or
- the cashier can determine the original receipt number (fiscal receipt number!) in another way.
- Cashier checks the original receipt and searches for the original sales transaction in the cash register records if necessary.
- Cashier generates a returns receipt, stating the fiscal document number of the sale (as a reference)
- If the cash register system is able to distribute fiscal document numbers across different cash registers, the return can also be made at a different cash register than the sale.
- The original fiscal document number of the sales receipt must be sent to the RetailForce System.